Monday, July 1, 2013

NYX Illuminator

NYX
Illuminators




Welcome to the 2nd Post of "Glamness in July" where Sik's keeping you Glam. Today I am going to Post on NYX Illuminators. I probably have have too many illuminators to admit without being embarrassed! The truth is, if you know how to properly use a illuminator, than there can never be too many.

The NYX Illuminators

I have had some horror stories with illuminators along my journey with makeup. I will give you one short story with out saying the brand name. I was at the shops, browsing, carousing (just kidding) and popped up to a high end makeup counter where the nice saleslady asked me if I would like to try on their new illuminator. Well of course I did, illuminators are a must to me in my makeup regimen. Even if I am not wearing makeup, popping some on my cheekbones makes me feel and look better! Well I look in the mirror and I look like a disco ball! The problem was, that the illuminator had a sparkly glitter to it. I do not like illuminators with too much sparkly glitter in them. Illuminators are suppose to enhance your features and make you look radiant. Not like it's Halloween and your going as a Disco Ball. The worst part was, I had to walk around like that after, and I got some shocking looks!

Now I have tried and have most of the best illumintors out there. From powder forms to liquids to creams and I absolutely adore so many of them. So when I was browsing the NYX section and saw they had an illuminator, I got it because I am a big fan of NYX and I expected it to be good! Little did I know that it would soon replace my Chanel. So of course, I went back and got the other two shades.

So here is the Skinny on them from NYX:

Brighten up your skin with any of these Illuminators. The radiant shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow. Gleam through the day wearing any of the three Illuminators for a natural touch of radiance! Complements the structure of the face with a touch of luminosity.

Directions
Using a brush, swipe against areas of the face you'd like to highlight.

Here are the three Shades:

"Narcissistic" This of the three I think is the most Subtle.
I use this one as an everyday highlighter over any makeup look!

"Chaotic" This one has a Beautiful Blush Tone to it.
It's like a blush and an illuminator in one.
I love this for when I am in a hurry and it can do both jobs!

This is what the "Chaotic" Blush Tone Looks Like. I wish I had saved
my other boxes because it really shows the color well!

"Magnetic" This one is a Bronzing Illuminator. Which also makes
it fantastic for when you are in a hurry. It's also fabulous for using on
your decollete for warming up that area to match your face in the Summer!

I can't say enough of how much I love these. Not only do they leave the most beautiful radiant finish, but they last throughout the day. I love applying them right on my cheekbones. If I am using "Chaotic", I might apply it a tad more like a blush since it has a blush tone to it. If I am using "Magnetic", I will apply it more like a bronzer and add a little to the areas where the sun would hit!

Final Thoughts:
These illuminators are amazing for the price. They are the best that I have seen in their price range. I know that I will be buying them again. I actually picked up another one of them the other day since it was on sale. I absolutely love it when I find a product that works well and has a great price. I love it even more when it can compete with the high end ones. I hope you enjoyed the Second Post.

Merry Glamness,

SikGlam




No comments: